Have you seen FASTag lanes in Toll Plazas where vehicles easily pass through, while you are stuck in the queue waiting for your turn? Ever wondered what FASTag is, and how it works? Here are the answers for all your questions!
FASTag is a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology enabled sticker. This sticker, which is fixed on the windscreen of your vehicle, will enable you to race through the toll plaza without having to wait and pay cash. Every time you pass through these specified FASTag lanes, the tag reader at the plaza reads the FASTag and the toll amount will directly be deducted from your prepaid account or bank account linked to it.
Why should you choose FASTag?
- Save Fuel and Time – Every minute spent stuck at the Toll Plaza, can instead be a step closer to your destination. Save time and fuel as you race through tolls with FASTag.
- No worry about carrying Cash – Tired of fumbling around for exact change at the Toll Counter? Or frustrated by the vehicle behind you who can’t stop honking while your credit card is processing the transaction? With FASTag, you can now enjoy hassle free, cashless transactions
- Recharge Online at Ease – No complicated process involved. Simply recharge your account online with Debit/Credit Card, NEFT, RTGS or Net Banking.
- SMS Alerts – Now keep easy track of all your transactions at the Toll Plaza with instant SMS Alerts
- Exclusive Cashback – With every transaction done on National Highways Toll Plaza, enjoy 2.5% cashback.
How to apply for FASTag?
With FASTag services made mandatory by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways from December 1st 2019, we’ve made it even more easier for you to get your FASTag – simply Apply Online for FASTag from the comfort of home/ office. Keep your RC Book handy, and within minutes apply online to complete the process, and get the tag delivered home. Visit https://www.equitasbank.com/fastag.php or call 1800 419 1996 for more details.